Wednesday, August 10, 2011

#8: FINGERPRINTS!. [020810/11]

ACTUALLY I THINK NOTHING'S IMPERSONAL ANYMORE IN THIS WORLD, EVEN THE NEWS IS SOMEHOW PERSONALIZED EITHER INTENTIONALLY OR OTHERWISE. BUT THIS POST IS DEFINITELY PERSONAL-IER :D

MY 1YEAR ANNIVERSARY SINCE I MET KATY PERRY JUST PASSED!. :D LIKE [ALMOST] EVERYONE ELSE, I STARTED OUT KINDA 'HATING' KATY PERRY TOO, YOU CAN READ THE FULL STORY HERE. IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, A PART OF MY BLOG DESCRIPT WAS TAKEN FROM ONE OF HER SONGS TOO. ANYWAYS, IT WAS 2 AUGUST 2010, IN MEDIACORP STUDIOS, SINGAPORE. THE TAPING FOR ENTERTAINMENT ON 5 [E! ON 5], ARD 1400HRS.

I jumped at the chance when I got to know that I will be at the taping. A few days before it, I met up with my friend Zureena, who was a big Katy Perry fan too and we made banner-ish stuff and I tweeted to Eon5 saying that I'm skipping my first day of school for it.

Met up with Zureena and Loga at AMK Hub, cabbed to Mediacorp studios. Got our invites and started queueing. Inside the studio, I was first of all impressed at how Eon5 decorated the place. It was absolutely coherent with Katy Perry's Candy-fornia theme, and I was beyond excited. While everyone settled, Kui Jien was like reading stuff off his phone and then suddenly said "who's skipping school to come here today" and I was raised my hand. Haha guilty!~ We also knew beforehand that they would be looking for Katy Perry's "biggest fans", and a girl from SP[?.] Ashley Bei and I got chosen. Got briefed and wired, and Kui Jien actually remembered and pronounced my name correctly!. Haha he spoke some Malay before the taping also.

The moment Katy Perry walked into the set, everyone just went crazy!~ Including the star herself, she did some playful banter with the crowd it was so funny. Did quite a long interview, but only a part of it got aired. One of the questions was if she really kissed a girl, and she picked a random girl from the audience and gave her a peck on the lips!~ Power lah. Haha.

Other stuff like what she did in Singapore, her resemblance to Zoey Deschanel, Russel Brand, and Twitter were also talked about. After awhile things literally got turned around and she took Kui Jien's place and did the asking instead. Very funny and witty, I wasn't really that big of a fan of her yet until this point. Definitely did not see it coming. After the interview is over Kui Jien went "Do you want to meet some of your biggest fans over here" and she was like "yeah!~" and that we will later get to take a photo with her so I thought she was going to leave already...

Only to find a few seconds later I realize that I was actually going to be on the same stage with her throughout the programme. Basically, there was just a tower of cupcakes and Ashley and I had to find a gummy bear in one of em, and the first to get it gets a lifesize Katy Perry standee. The catch is, while we are chomping down em cupcakes, Katy will be spraying whipped cream all over us. The whole thing ended sooner than expected bcoz Ashley got a gummy bear at her first cupcake, but it was all good.

Went back to the audience, cleaned up as they shoot some of the other fillers. The producer then called me down again and I found out we actually got to meet Katy Perry and take a photo like what she said. I wasn't really excited bcoz I was still very much of a mess and I thought it was a photo for the press. Waited for Katy for some touch-ups and when she came out she was really sweet and gave us kisses. Turns out we got a polaroid photo for our own personal use too. I thought that that was really awesome!~ ^^ \m/

Gave her the "banner" thingy Zureena and I made and she said it was beautiful and then she posted it on her Twitter after the show :) Managed to grab a few cupcakes and give em to random people at the audience on my way out. Also bumped into quite a few friends in who were at the taping!. Glad ya'll were there!~ ;)

The only downside to that day was that I lost my handphone. Which kind of paid off looking at it from this futuristic point of view, bcoz I realized I created a new life after that and only those that mattered from my previous stage of life are carried forward. Bummer that my current photos from that phone was lost though. But here are some stolen ones!~ ;)










Other than for personal remembrance, I wrote this in hopes that other fans might agree that we like the same qualities, and that the 'haters' might open up their mind. Because I have been in both situations and I completely understand where you're coming from. I am also writing this as my opinion on her as of now. There might be things in the future that she does that I might not 'approve', but in general I have good connotations about her and I look forward to more great stuff ahead. In the words of Fingerprints, "Representing you and me. Don't you wanna go down in history." ;)




THERE ARE MANY MISSING LINKS IN THIS POST, WILL ADD EM IN IF I FIND EM. :) I HOPE THAT YOU WILL GET TO MEET YOUR "IDOL" AND EAT CUPCAKES TOO!. ;)
THANKS EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING, MAY GOD BLESS YOU~~ ^^ \m/


EZT S8.

No comments: