Thursday, December 27, 2012

#27: PLEASE DON'T GO, PRETTY BOY!. [1112]

2012 YOU WERE A GOOD YEAR. Time seems to pass by even faster, even though life feels slower by the hour.

Frankenweenie finally released in Singapore and they had a Facebook app to "Frankenweenie-fy your pet". I have no pets at the moment, so I did one on myself. Quite a lot of people were creeped out by it. I don't think it was that scary though. Haha Late blog update because it's my birthday month and I've been busy... and lazy. :P


*2NE1 Fangathering!. [021112]
November started off on a high note with Singtel who flew in 2NE1 for a surprise showcase!~ :D Headed down to Clarke Quay to find quite a crowd forming already.

Saw Michelle "Barbarella" Chong leaving and managed to take a photo with her. Also took with another TV host that I used to watch when I was younger. Haha. The showcase then went on, they performed around 5 songs or so. Was quite taken aback at Minzy's new hairstyle, but quite love Bom's. Since it's a surprise open show there were quite a number of Koreans who stayed on to watch, it was pretty cool to experience a Kpop event with actual Koreans in my own country. Gotta love the universal-ity of SG ;)




After the show in between seeing whether there'd be an encore, they played I Am The Best so I did the minimal movements and the camera was on me, saw a girl from Cedar Sec who was doing the same too so I queued her in and she dropped her bag and joined!. Fun times. Young lady got guts!~ ^^ \m/ Then took a photo with the opening act duo too. They were from Philippines. Mabuhay~ :)



It was livestreamed with a hologram intro, quite an experience I'd say. Here's my vlog of what went down. Randomly, I thought it was quite a cute idea... 2NE1 on 2NOV.


I totally didn't see it coming, I'm glad I was there and I sure wish my friends could've came down too. :)


*Pepero Day + 21Y11M. [1111/121112]
Pepero Day!. And yeah the next day was the 12th. Had 12cupcakes + Satay + Fondue~ :)







*KDO 31/VJ Debut. [121012]
Rainy season, so cabbed over to *Scape for Kpop DanceOff. The 1st generation dancers were around, and saw/got to know some of the new ones today, pretty enjoyable. 




Oh and the theme that day was superhero, and quite a number of people turned up in superhero tees!. Always happy to see more people dressing up for the occasion :D

Blogging about dance, the next day I had my first VJ-ing mini-gig!. Just a small private one. The video of my performance is here. Sadly, halfway through the camera that was supposed to film the output is spoiled so I had to switch it back to my backup one, which includes my hands at the console and the computer screen. I didn't do as well as I wanted but I'm quite happy with it for a first try.


Like I put in the video description, the song means alot to me because when I first experienced it it was in my junior year at LASALLE. Now that I'm at my senior year, I just thought I'd do somein with it before I graduate. The main point was just to put together old classic dance films with a modern dance song to appreciate dance in general. I am happy now. Haha.


*TALENT4CHARITY!. [241112]
Before I begin blogging about that event, Seungri created his Twitter again "to learn English". On one hand I'm happy that I finally have a direct outlet to connect with him, but on the other hand it's annoying how it reminds me that he's far away. :( Emo-ness aside, this month had the birthday of one of the guys who was in my video earlier this year!~ :D


If you've been following my blog you'd seen him in a few posts. We always somehow bump into each other whenever we change hairstyles, I'm glad to have met him so here's a shoutout~ Happy Birthday Mr Link!. ;)


Yeah so anyway, a relative of mine invited my sis and I to attend her school production called Talent4Charity. So off we went... Dressed up as twinnies!. ;)




Been a long time since I've been in a local public school campus, feels so different... To be honest I thought it was a dance production but lo and behold, it was more to vocals. Felt a bit cheated because I was kind of looking forward to check out some new young talented dancers!. But the singing was alright though, also been some time since I listened to... commercial stuff that the rest of the public listens to. The person in the third photo is my relative onstage, and [me enjoying] one of my favourite snacks. Haha.




The main act quite impressed me though!~ When they came out I thought they seemed legit, and I liked that their band name is The Running Cats. Sadly this is the clearest and only photo I have of all of them, because one of them were either moving too much or I was too busy enjoying their act.


They opened with Bon Jovi's Livin On A Prayer, which was awesome and totally brought me back to my rock days. Did more Bon Jovi songs after and then two originals, which were pretty good too. And then finally, after a long show of vocals after vocals after vocals, they played a video of a flashmob they did and then came out to dance. There were two lockers who were pretty good together, and a crew called E.Y.E.D movement [if I remember correctly].



Liked that E.Y.E.D referenced some of the US dancers, and when there was a technical glitch [music stopped playing] one of them went to the drumset onstage and started playing a drum routine on loop. Some of the audience went up onstage and there was a bboying session. Saw a piano somewhere in the school compound, made me wanna play music again too :)


And since it was a late night event the canteen food sellers were clearing up stuff and I managed to get this whole set of food for a really good price!. Been an even longer time since I ate canteen food and boy, do I miss it... Overall it was quite a refreshing experience, good job everyone!. :D


As usual, the rest of the photos are here. It annoys me though how I keep blogging about Kpop or Korean stuff. The other segments of my life hasn't been too interesting,.. or suitable for public exposure. Haha. December which was to come is my birthday month, which is more exciting so do look out for that!. Meanwhile, hope you've gotten my presents ready~ ;)



KIDULT ^^ \m/


EZT S8.

No comments: